Tuesday 20 May 2014

Make-up Classes :)

Hello friends J

I hope you are well J

If you have seen any of my Instagram accounts (@jennk_87 and @loveyoubyj) you’ll see that I have recently started a makeup course! Woohoo, I’m so excited to be doing this course, it’s one of those things that I've wanted to do for a while but I never got round to.

So, I'm doing a Basic Make-up Certificate at Bella Factory London Make-up School; the course covers most of the basics such as, choosing the correct foundation, contouring, highlighting, gel liner techniques and much more! Although I feel that I have quite a good knowledge of these things already from what I've learnt from YouTube and other blogs, I always want to learn new things, learn from others, and make myself better, and I thought this was a good starting point.

You’ll see in my last blog post that I really want to get better at applying makeup on other people and this course has taught me that applying makeup on other people is very challenging; I’ve done it before, on friends and family, but working on someone who you’ve never met is a whole new kettle of fish! It can take quite a while to find, not only the right foundation shade for your model, but also, the shade that they themselves feel comfortable with; and if you’re a perfectionist (like me J ) then you’ll take as much time as possible to get everything right!

Having said all of that I’m really enjoying it!! And it’s really opening up my eyes to what make-up artistry is all about. My teacher, Make-up Artist, Bella, is great, she’s had A LOT of experience in the industry and she’s very knowledgeable; she’s also very straight talking and will tell you if something doesn't look good (if it doesn't) which is what I look for in a teacher.

The course is 40 hours in total and I've done 16 hours so far, and we've covered quite a lot, foundation, contouring, eye contouring/shadowing and gel eyeliner. Some pictures below J Like I said, I'm really enjoying it and this class just makes me want to keep practising and get better and see how far my love of make-up can take me. So watch this space J

Contouring using Foundation done by me :)

 Contouring (by another class mate)
 Filling in eyebrows/eye contouring/shadowing for a 'Bridal look'

 Before and after :)
 Meeeeeeeeeeee :)


Thanks for reading
Love, you!
Jennifer
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment