Sunday 1 December 2013

Make-Up for the Festive Season




So I originally had another post prepared for today, however, seeing as it's the 1st of December, I changed my mind and decided to do a 'Festive Make Up' post instead!!

I'll try to make this the first of a few Festive Make-up posts.  This look was inspired by the 'Galactic Party Season' look by one of my favourite make-up artists who I follow on YouTube, Jennie 'beautybyjj' Jenkins. However, I've put my own spin on it to make it a little more subtle.

For me, when i'm trying to look festive or extra glam, I like to use GLITTER! Personally, I think glitter always makes things that little bit more festive! Here, I started with a purple shimmery eye shadow all over my lid then black glittery eye shadow on top, finished with green/purple glitter dust on top. I filled in and highlighted my brows and topped it off with winged eyeliner and Ardell False Lashes (I prefer Eyelure but I ran out).  I did my usual foundation, highlighting and contouring routine that I've mentioned in my previous posts, I then did a pale pink/nude lip !

Because the eyes are quite dramatic I think nude is the most appropriate lip colour, if I'd done a bold lip, my lips and my eyes would both be fighting for attention and that's definitely not what you want! You want the lips OR the eyes to be the main focus.

I think this look would look great with a gold, green, black or even white dress!

Here is a list of the products I used


Products

 Face:

 No.7 Beautifully Matte Make up Base

Sleek Makeup New Skin Revive Foundation in 'Henna'

Sleek Make-Up Luminous Pressed Powder in No. 04

Sleek Makeup Corrector and Concealer Palette

Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in 'Medium'

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Gold Deposit'

Sleek Makeup Blush by 3 in 'Sugar' (Turbinado & Demerara)

 
Eyes:

 
Sleek Makeup iDivine Eye Shadow Palette in Storm (Purple Shimmer)

Sleek Makeup iDivine Eye Shadow Palette in Vintage Romance (Black glitter)

Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in '008 Blackmail'

MAC Eye Kohl in 'Smolder'

MAC Eye Shadow in Swiss Chocolate (in the crease of my eye)

Ardell False Lashes

Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in '85' (Green, Purple, Gold)

Sleek Make-up liquid Liner

Lips:

Lush Cosmetics Lipstick in 'Perspective'

I went over this in Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in ‘Petal’
Then I went over this in a very old nude lipgloss that I can’t remember the name of.

Hope this is useful, especially for darker skinned lovelies wanting to experiment with colour.
Thanks for reading!!
Love, you
Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment